Today I was awoken to mommy in tears. "I'm bleeding." Even as I recall the image, my throat gets soar and my eyes well up.
I felt so weak - what could I do if something was wrong? I was totally helpless and it was the closest I've come to crying in as long as I can remember. We're so close to seeing our bundle of joy. To deny us this far along just doesn't seem right.
So in my moment of weakness, I did the only thing I could think of. I don't really consider myself much of a religious man, but today I prayed. I prayed for everything to be all right with mommy and baby and thankfully everything is.
It ended up being something silly (we were intimate over the weekend) . But when it comes to baby and mommy, I'd rather overreact to something silly than overlook something serious.
On a lighter note, the Dr. did a sonogram, just to make sure everything was ok with baby and asked the question everyone who performs a sonogram does - "wanna know the sex?" which we don't.
His reply - "Well I do." And he proceeded to peek. "Last chance?" Mommy and I stuck to our guns though. "Well I have my guess." he said with a smile and left the room.
At that moment I knew everything was fine. And doc, if you by some slim chance you read this, thanks for the light moment after what had been a nerve racking morning.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment